Does your baby have teeth yet??








People seem to come up with different ways to irk you even before you recover from their last attempt. No sooner had we finished on the feeding drama than people started with questions about teething.  I would go for clinic and soon as the mother sitting  next to me sees my child has no teeth but is walking,she would ask how old he is and once I  respond,she would proceed to remark how late my baby is to teeth.  Gracefully I would say "he will  get them when he's ready".
  I wasn't bothered about my baby boy not having teeth despite seeing that his age mates had two or more.  My mind was occupied with other issues like a cute outfit for him that I saw at the mall. The teeth police were allover!!!  Some saying I  need to take him to see a dentist cos something is definitely wrong.  Others remarking how their children got teeth at 4months and so on and so on. ... My baby had hit all other important milestones just fine.  He was clapping, pointing, laughing, calling out papa n mama, cruising, dancing and recognising familiar faces. That was more than I could ask for. However, everyone else seemed so bothered by him not having teeth in spite of him showing teething signs very early.
 If you choose to listen to people too much,you will loose your mind.  Your baby needs you to be strong enough to stand up for them, to protect them and nature them.  Forget everyone else and stop comparing your child to others too much.  All babies are unique and unless you are concerned that a missed milestone is pausing a health issue, ignore them all. Your doctor will give you relevant information and check on baby's health so stop stressing mama.
My baby eventually got his teeth at 11months. In two weeks he had four of them.... Teeth will grow when they want to Grow!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did they tell you this about postpartum depression.

Terrific Two.

Breastfeeding journey